Friday, October 14, 2011

Lucy's Homecoming

On Friday, July 29th, we made the trip to Sumner again- with a trailer this time! My day had come- Lucy was coming home. 

.
Our buddy Damian, owner of Eco Smart Junk Removal, rolled with us- offering the service of towing my car home. Once she was trailer'd, the bill of sale was signed and title was in my hand... we were ready to head home. I held my breath the whole time, unsure if Damian knew how precious his cargo was. 


 Damian got loose on the Snohomish River Bridge coming into Monroe on the 522... but then that's how Lucy got her name- it's only fitting that she got loose on her homecoming... and since nothing made contact: no damage = no worries. Hang on, Lucy... we'll be home shortly!


*sigh of relief* Home Sweet Home! 
Not caring that it was pitch black outside, Ollie and I wanted to determine why she won't start. Is the engine blown like the previous owner suspected? Is it a blown head gasket? Or something more simple? We decided to put some power to the battery and try to start it up. Take a listen with us:





Yikes. No compression. There goes plans of being able to pull and sell a functioning engine to help fund this project. Oh, well. Can't be too disappointed. Knowing myself, a running engine would only distract me- prolonging my engine swap and delaying progress.
Lucy, welcome to the family. You are in good hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment